Arches Watercolor Block 9x12-inch Natural White 100% Cotton Paper - 20 Sheets of Arches Watercolor Paper 140 lb Cold Press - Arches Art Paper for Watercolor Gouache Ink Acrylic and More
- Prized Paper - The long fibers in Arches natural white 100% cotton watercolor paper provide timeless beauty and an inimitable touch; this rich paper is available in 13 sizes and 3 revered textures: cold press, hot press and rough
- Superior Strength - A cylinder mold process distributes cotton fibers evenly to provide exceptional resistance to scratching and erasing without tearing or linting; it allows our cold pressed watercolor paper to slacken uniformly when wet for outstanding control
- Exquisite Quality - Glued on all sides to preserve paper integrity, Arches cold press watercolor block boasts a protective cover sheet and pH-neutral paper with a harmonious natural grain and no optical brightening agents
- Exclusive Gelatin Sizing "to the Core" - Arches water color paper is the only art paper in the world to be gelatin sized "to the core"; it increases the luster and transparency of colors while preventing paints from penetrating into the paper and makes blending, overlay or paint removal easy, wet or dry
- Premium Art Papers Since 1492 - After five centuries, the Arches philosophy remains the same: to make the best papers and enable you to produce your finest works while guaranteeing they will last as long as our papermaking heritage
Details: Making prestigious art papers since 1492, Arches has been the paper of choice for artists from Van Gogh and Matisse to Picasso, Dali, Warhol and beyond. Hailed as brilliant, this archival paper is mold-made with 100% cotton fibers, has a natural white luster and stands the test of time so your work shines long after you've laid down your masterpiece. A process exclusive to Arches, gelatin sizing "to the core" gives each sheet on every Arches cold press block astounding absorbency, as the pH-neutral, gelatin-sized internal and external fibers hold pigment in place without over-saturation. Each block of this 140lb cold press watercolor paper boasts a sturdy, protective black cover sheet; remove it and find that each pristine sheet of textured paper has been securely fastened on all four sides with a strong, black pH-neutral adhesive that also aids in shape-retention. Painting with your paper still on the block lets you easily correct liquid media mistakes repeatedly without warping or buckling as the paper remains perfectly flat while adhered to the block. Not only are these watercolor supplies durable, but they are also versatile. Arches can be used as more than just watercolor painting paper; this exquisite, thick paper functions well with all wet techniques such as ink, gouache, and acrylic painting as the cotton fibers adapt to whatever medium you use to craft your work. With 13 sizes available in blocks of 20 sheets and a 140lb (300gsm) weight, this is the ideal painting paper for artists. Arches cold press watercolor paper contains no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9701). When it comes to high-end consistency and variety, you'll find the exceptional quality you seek within the premium papers at Arches.
model number: 1795060